I am in love. The Yeti SB100 seemed too good to be true. Climb like an XC bike, and party like a trail bike, designed and built by the best bike brand around?!? I had been dreaming about this bike for nearly a year before I decided to go for it. This is the absolute most incredible and fun bike I have ever ridden. It makes me want to ride more, pick more adventurous lines, and plan big trips. I had a chance to ride this bike in Moab for a week recently, and I couldn’t have been more pleased.
Many thanks to Big Swingin’ Cycles in San Francisco — a dream of a bike shop. Impeccable bike builds, precise mechanics who ride hard, and a small-town vibe that makes you want to pull up a chair and chat for a while. I feel lucky to know such a great crew to be working and tuning the new ride.
- Yeti SB100 ’19 frame, size Large
- Fox Stepcast 34 in Factory Orange w/ 44mm offset (custom orange lowers installed on black fork, as Fox does not yet make Factory orange in 44mm)
- Industry Nine A35 50mm stem, in turquoise and orange — absolutely love this detail, and very happy with the short stem
- Enve M7 Carbon Mountain Handlebar, cut to 780mm — carbon bars are such a comfy upgrade; I wanted strong bars, so opted for M7 vs M6
- Chris King Dropset 1 Headset in Mango — no question
- Ergon GA3 grips in orange — extremely comfortable climbing and descending
- Wolftooth Dropper remote — love the feel and action on this remote
- SRAM Guide RSC brakes — the reach and grip adjustments are perfect, and the larger discs are incredibly powerful
- Garmin Edge Mountain Bike Mount — great fit on the 35mm bars, and not protruding like a telescope like the road mount. It would fit cleanly over the headset, but I, uh, want to see that pretty headset and stem, so.
- Blackburn Mud Guard — it rained buckets this winter, so I think I’ll always run one of these
- Arundel Sport Bottle Cage — a Yeti with a bottle cage in the front triangle! Best color match around!
- SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain — with GX crankset, aluminum for durability
- Wolftooth 30t chainring — Lots of climbing on this bike
- Crankbrothers Mallet-E pedals in blue (turquoise) — love the larger platform, bummed none of the CB pedals have adjustable tension
- Fox Factory Transfer 175mm dropper post — I’m 6'1" and its so nice to have this much drop on a frame like this
- Ergon SM Pro Mountain Saddle — incredibly comfortable, light, and responsive
- We Are One Composites 29" Insider carbon rims laced to Industry Nine Hydra hubs in Orange — these wheels are so insanely light, and the Hydra sound has me buzzing with joy
- Industry Nine tubeless valve stems in orange — when you go full custom, you go full custom
- Lezyne Road Caddy Saddle Bag — I carry a tubolito (super tiny emergency tube, highly recommended!), c02, multi-tool, tire iron, bacon strips, and local trail access cards in this super tiny saddle bag that stays put, always
- USWE Airborne 3L adventure pack — the bottle cage on this gen of Yeti’s is very handy, but for longer rides I’ve been blown away with the USWE Airborne bag. The bounce-free design, 3L of water, phone holder, pockets and strap system are perfectly designed.